Bicycle & Pedestrian Planning
HATS REGIONAL BICYCLE & PEDESTRIAN COUNTS
The Spring 2018 HATS Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Counts are here…and we need your help!
We are collecting data at the following times:
- Sunday, May 13, 12-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 15, 4-6 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 16, 4-6 p.m.
- Thursday, May 17, 4-6 p.m.
- Saturday, May 19, 12-2 p.m.
The counts, conducted exclusively by volunteers, provide vital data to our region's planners, decision makers and anyone else interested in making walking and biking safer and more convenient in the HATS Region. They are conducted as part of the National Bicycle & Pedestrian Documentation project.
The count locations are determined as a cooperative effort between HATS planning staff, the HATS Bike/Ped Task Force and other local stakeholders.
If you’re interested in participating, scroll through the information below.
- To sign up, visit our SignUpGenius page.
- Download and print the counting form and bring other necessary items (pen/pencil, timer, etc.).
- Arrive at your designated location 15 minutes before you are to begin counting.
- Find a spot from which you can best view the entire intersection.
- On the form in 15-minute increments, count and record cyclists, pedestrians and “others” (skateboarders, rollerbladers) as they enter the intersection.
- When finished, scan or photograph the completed count form and email it to HATSBikePedCounts@gmail.com.
- BikePed Count training slides
- List of count locations (with Google Maps links)
- Map of count locations
- HATS Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Count Data Fall 2015 – Fall 2017
For questions or additional info, email Andrew Bomberger or call him at (717) 234-2639.
Fall 2017 Bike-Ped Count GALLERY
Thanks to all our volunteers for participating!