6th Annual Dauphin County
Premier Project Awards
The 2017 Premier Project Awards were held January 9, 2018 at the Dixon University Center in Harrisburg.
Read news release and view photos here.
This annual awards program acknowledges and encourages planning excellence in Dauphin County, recognizing projects that meet the community, environmental and economic goals of the county’s recently adopted Comprehensive Plan: www.dauphincountycompplan.org.
SEE BELOW FOR PROGRAM DETAILS ...
2017 PPA WINNERS:
- Growing Our Communities: Tri County Community Action for Heart of the Hill - An Action Plan to Unite South Allison Hill;
- Growing Our Economy: Township of Derry for Park Boulevard Relocation Project;
- Growing Within Our Environment: H. Edward Black and Associates, Ltd. for Dauphin County Heroes Grove;
- Small Project Award: Township of Derry for Derry Township 2017 Zoning Ordinance;
- The Timothy P. Reardon Excellence in Planning Award: RGS Associates, Inc. for Fort Hunter Park Master Plan Implementation - Phase I.
Individuals, organizations, municipalities, public authorities, developers and public/private partnerships may submit applications for plans, studies and projects -- completed in Dauphin County in 2015, 2016 or 2017 -- in which they were principally involved in design, development or implementation. Entries that did not win in 2015 or 2016 are eligible again in 2017.
Examples include, but are not limited to: comprehensive plans, development projects, ordinance revisions, infrastructure improvement, renewal projects, downtown development, neighborhood revitalization, transit, bike-ped improvements, etc.
JUDGING CRITERIA FOR EACH ENTRY:
Effectiveness and results;
Originality and innovation;
Ease of replication;
Community involvement and participation; and
Compatibility with the Comprehensive Plan.
APPLICATION PACKAGE MUST INCLUDE:
- Planning Awards entry form;
- 1-2 page project summary;
- 1-2 page project narrative explaining how the project meets the judging criteria and category objectives;
- Supporting material, including pictures, plans or renderings in print quality format;
- Up to 3 letters of reference supporting the application;
- 1 CD of all application materials, including a list of all project partners with contact info;
- Applicant signature to approve entry and use of all application materials in future publications by Dauphin County Planning Commission.
Categories 1-3 are for projects with total costs over $250,000. Entrants may select no more than 2 categories. Judges have the flexibility to consider an entrant in a different category.
1. Growing Our Communities:
- Sustainable Development;
- Public Services.
2. Growing Within Our Environment:
- Water Quality & Stormwater Management;
- Floodplain & Riparian Area Preservation;
- Agricultural Resource Protection.
3. Growing Our Economy:
- Programs & Policies;
- Transportation Networks;
- Water & Wastewater Infrastructure.
4. Small Project Award:
- Less than $250,000 in total project costs;
- May fit in any of the above categories.
“Excellence in Planning” Award:
- Recognizes additional project(s) in any of the above categories, at any budget level, for its overall excellence or use of innovative planning practices.
2018 CALL FOR ENTRIES:
A call for entries for the 2018 Premier Project Awards will be made this fall. Please watch our website and social media for future news.
A big thank-you to our Premier Sponsor for the 2017 Premier Project Awards:
And to our Sustainability Sponsor for this year's program:
To sponsor the seventh annual PPAs, to be held in January 2019, click here:
FOR MORE INFO:
Email Dauphin County Planning Coordinator Jerry Duke or call (717) 234-2639.