6th Annual Dauphin County
Premier Project Awards
The Dauphin County Board of Commissioners and Planning Commission invite you to submit your entries for the 2017 Dauphin County Premier Project Awards!
This annual awards program acknowledges and encourages planning excellence in Dauphin County, recognizing projects that meet the community, environmental and economic goals of the county’s recently adopted Comprehensive Plan: www.dauphincountycompplan.org.
Deadline: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD
SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS & ENTRY FORM ...
Individuals, organizations, municipalities, public authorities, developers and public/private partnerships may submit applications for plans, studies and projects -- completed in Dauphin County in 2015, 2016 or 2017 -- in which they were principally involved in design, development or implementation. Entries that did not win in 2015 or 2016 are eligible again in 2017.
Examples include, but are not limited to: comprehensive plans, development projects, ordinance revisions, infrastructure improvement, renewal projects, downtown development, neighborhood revitalization, transit, bike-ped improvements, etc.
JUDGING CRITERIA FOR EACH ENTRY:
Effectiveness and results;
Originality and innovation;
Ease of replication;
Community involvement and participation; and
Compatibility with the Comprehensive Plan.
APPLICATION PACKAGE MUST INCLUDE:
- Planning Awards entry form;
- 1-2 page project summary;
- 1-2 page project narrative explaining how the project meets the judging criteria and category objectives;
- Supporting material, including pictures, plans or renderings in print quality format;
- Up to 3 letters of reference supporting the application;
- 1 CD of all application materials, including a list of all project partners with contact info;
- Applicant signature to approve entry and use of all application materials in future publications by Dauphin County Planning Commission.
Categories 1-3 are for projects with total costs over $250,000. Entrants may select no more than 2 categories. Judges have the flexibility to consider an entrant in a different category.
1. Growing Our Communities:
- Sustainable Development;
- Public Services.
2. Growing Within Our Environment:
- Water Quality & Stormwater Management;
- Floodplain & Riparian Area Preservation;
- Agricultural Resource Protection.
3. Growing Our Economy:
- Programs & Policies;
- Transportation Networks;
- Water & Wastewater Infrastructure.
4. Small Project Award:
- Less than $250,000 in total project costs;
- May fit in any of the above categories.
“Excellence in Planning” Award:
- Recognizes additional project(s) in any of the above categories, at any budget level, for its overall excellence or use of innovative planning practices.
CALL FOR ENTRIES:
Please complete the form, sign it and enclose it with your application package postmarked no later than Friday, November 3, 2017.
Awardees & their teams will be invited to the Premier Project Awards luncheon on Tue., Jan. 9 from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM at the Dixon University Center, 2986 N. Second St, Harrisburg.
2016 PPA WINNERS:
COMMUNITY CAPACITY UNDER $500,000:
Downtown Hershey Association - Downtown Hershey: A Plan for Continued Revitalization
INFRASTRUCTURE OVER $500,000 (TIE):
City of Harrisburg - LED Streetlight Project
Middletown Borough - S. Union St. Infrastructure Improvement Project
REVITALIZATION OVER $500,000:
Boys & Girls Club of Harrisburg - Youth Development Park
REVITALIZATION UNDER $500,000:
Connor Design-Build, LLC & Lucknow, LLC - Lucknow Road Project
SUSTAINABLE GROWTH OVER $500,000:
Harristown Enterprises Inc. - Strawberry Square Redevelopment
A big thank-you to our Community Sponsor for the 2016 Premier Project Awards:
To sponsor the 2017 PPAs, click here:
FOR MORE INFO:
Email Dauphin County Planning Coordinator Jerry Duke or call (717) 234-2639.