Education & Training
THANKS TO OUR Principal Education sponsors:
Lunch & Learn Events
As part of our efforts to implement the 2040 Regional Growth Management Plan, TCRPC is continuing to expand the Lunch & Learn program.
In 2018, we’ll host free webinars on the first and third Wednesday of most months beginning at 12 p.m. and running 75 to 90 minutes. Many of the webinars will cover topics and concepts identified in the RGMP. As always, we will also host webinars covering land use topics presented by Penn State Extension.
Our Lunch & Learn sessions are held in our 2nd-floor conference room at 112 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101. Keep in mind that they also offer Certification Maintenance credits -- a convenient way to stay current with your continuing education requirements.
Here’s the schedule for the first half of 2018 (please check back for exact titles, registration info and updates):
- January 3: The Economic and Fiscal Benefits of Walkable, Bikeable City and Town Centers (Smart Growth Online);
- January 17: PA One-Call & Planning: What is the role for communities and their officials?;
- February 7: How to do the Math on Proposed Development in Your Town (Strong Towns);
- February 21: Community planning through the Heart & Soul process in PA;
- March 7: Smart Strategies to Transform Commercial Districts (Smart Growth Online);
- March 14: Sign Regulations that encourage outstanding design;
- April 4: Redeveloping Brownfield Sites to Revitalize Communities (Strong Towns);
- April 11: Parking as an Economic Driver: What Works?;
- May 2: Creating Value: Assessing Return on Investment in Complete Streets (Smart Growth America);
- May 16: Climate Change & municipal planning: Is your community ready?;
- June 6: Making the Most of Main Street: Complete Streets and Walkable Communities (Smart Growth America).
Be sure to keep an eye on this page for additional learning opportunities through TCRPC!
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR PAID SEMINARS:
[NOTE: Lunch & Learn events are free.]
Cancellations must be made at least seven days before a seminar. If a cancellation is made at least seven days before a seminar, a credit will be issued toward a future seminar (good for one year). No refunds or credits are issued for registrants who fail to cancel less than one week prior to a seminar. If TCRPC cancels a seminar, registrants may request either a refund or a credit toward another seminar.
OTHER EDUCATION & TRAINING RESOURCES
Tri-County Regional Market Trends & Land-Use Implications:
This online presentation by Todd J. Poole, managing principal of 4ward Planning, covers the Tri-County Region's current and projected demographic and real estate market trends. It touches on trends in population, households, education, consumer spending, labor and industry, and real estate.
- American Planning Association Pa. Chapter Resource Library
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation Webinars & Resources
- FEMA Emergency Management Institute Training Programs
- National Highway Institute Training (web-based training for transportation planning)
- Penn State Extension Economic & Community Development Courses
- U.S. Department of Transportation Leadership Academy