Premier Project Awards
Announcing the first annual Dauphin County Premier Project Awards presented by the Dauphin County Board of Commissioners and the Dauphin County Planning Commission.
The Premier Project award seeks to acknowledge professional leadership in creating projects which aide communities as they make planning decisions, promote smart growth and spark revitalization.
Individuals, organizations, municipalities, public authorities and developers, as well as public/private partnerships within Dauphin County may submit applications for projects in which they were principally involved in design, development or implementation.
Entries must be submitted in one of four categories:
- Projects that can assist local communities to make good planning decisions.
- Implementation of an Elm Street or Main Street Program
- Up-to-date plans and ordinances
- Regional coordination and cooperation
- Education and training programs (creating/delivering, not attending)
- Projects that promote the advancement of smart development.
- Stormwater management
- Parks and other green infrastructure
- Water and wastewater projects
- Transportation (inter-modal)
- Telecommunication (wi-fi, etc.)
- Land development projects that promote smart growth.
- Compact development
- Connecting economic development to housing and transportation choices
- Traditional Neighborhood Developments
- Mixed use and New Urbanism
- Projects that use the existing building stock, infrastructure and land to enhance community development.
- Infill development
- Re-use of old structures for new purposes
- Preservation and conservation of cultural, historic or natural resources
Entries will be separated by size and cost:
Small projects: under $499,999
Large projects: $500,000 and over
Eligibile projects must be completed between 2007 and 2012.
Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
Ease of Replication