Bicycle & Pedestrian Planning
HATS REGIONAL BICYCLE & PEDESTRIAN COUNTS
We recently held the Fall 2017 HATS Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Counts in Dauphin and Cumberland Counties.
The counts, conducted exclusively by volunteers, provide vital data to our region's planners, decision makers and anyone else interested in making walking and biking safer and more convenient in the HATS Region. They are conducted as part of the National Bicycle & Pedestrian Documentation project.
The count locations are determined as a cooperative effort between HATS planning staff, the HATS Bike/Ped Task Force and other local stakeholders.
If you're interested in participating in Spring 2018, come back to this page as the time gets closer and view the information below. Also keep an eye on our social media for announcements.
- To sign up, visit our SignUpGenius page.
- Download and print the counting form and bring other necessary items (pen/pencil, timer, etc.).
- Arrive at your designated location 15 minutes before you are to begin counting.
- Find a spot from which you can best view the entire intersection.
- On the form in 15-minute increments, count and record cyclists, pedestrians and “others” (skateboarders, rollerbladers) as they enter the intersection.
- When finished, scan or photograph the completed count form and email it to HATSBikePedCounts@gmail.com.
For questions or additional info, email Andrew Bomberger or call him at (717) 234-2639.
Fall 2017 Bike-Ped Count GALLERY
Thanks to all our volunteers for participating!